These best practices will need to be followed by all parents, players and coaching staff of home team and visiting opponents. They do not replace or supersede any protocols or restrictions outlined by state or local authorities.
TEAM & PARENT PROTOCOLS
- No parents will be allowed on the fields.
- Parents must wear Face Masks at the Gardens District Park complex at all times
- Social Distancing 6 feet. No gathering of parents.
- Parents will be able to watch games from outside of the fence.
- Coaches and players will be on the side of the field opposite of the fence side (parents).
- No team benches.
- All Players and Coaches must social distance or be wearing masks during pre-game, half-time gatherings and post game when leaving the field.
- Respect and practice social distancing
- Place equipment, bags, etc. at least size feet apart
- No use of benches
- No high-fives, handshakes, knuckles, or group celebrations
- No grouping of players before or after training
- Leave the soccer complex immediately after game
Prior to participation, program technical staff, referee assignors, and coaches must obtain confirmation from each player, coach and official that:
- They are not experiencing any of the symptoms related to COVID-19
- They have not had contact with anyone who has had a confirmed case in the last 14 days
- They are not restricted from participation by a healthcare provider
- Each individual should check their own temperature and refrain from participation if they have a fever (>100.4°F).
A representative from each team (i.e. head coach or team manager) must confirm with the opposing team that all participating players and staff have met the above requirements.
All referees must confirm individually with both team representatives that all referees have met the above requirements.
Any individual who is unable to confirm this criteria must be restricted from participation and contact their healthcare provider.
- Follow facility guidelines and requirements.
- No Referee should officiate a game if they are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Must be wearing a mask during check in and when leaving the field.
- Masks are optional when game is in progress.
- Confirm with coaches from each team that all participants have passed the health check prior to the game.
- Sanitize all equipment prior to the game.
- Use only your own equipment.
- Make sure to have at least 3 sanitized game balls available throughout the game.
- Your role is not to enforce the protocols. Your role is to note and report any non-compliance to FYSA.